Black tourmaline transmutes negative energy into positive energy and helps you to stay grounded, protects you against EMFs, and more…
The older I get, the more often I find myself reaching for crystals. They’ve become a daily habit that I use for so many reasons – for a digital detox, an immunity boost, better sleep, meditation, or simply just to have by my side for a little extra support.
More than ever crystals are a resource I gravitate to on a daily basis. I sleep with them under my pillow, have them in my car, carry them in my pockets, and find myself wearing crystal jewelry on the daily.
It’s like a sister or best friend - whether I’m needing protection, joy, or clarity – my crystals are there ready to support and protect me.
When I first started exploring crystals, with little to no background in their healing properties or how they worked, black tourmaline was one of the first stones that brought me the support I needed.
I was looking for protection from negativity and extra support in keeping myself grounded in the midst of a crazy music festival - black tourmaline showed up in my life.
A friend gifted me a black tourmaline necklace to wear throughout the weekend to help keep me protected from all the energies I was about to encounter. It was a subtle shift. I wasn’t exactly sure how or why. But I knew I liked having it on me.
Working with crystals and stones is a long-term commitment. It takes time, faith, patience, and lots of lovin’ (and cleansing!). Now black tourmaline is part of my daily stone collection. It’s meaning and healing properties, and the extra relief that it brings into my day helps to create magical, subtle shifts. And these little shifts start to add up and have a lasting impact that keeps me grounding, hopeful, confident, and calm.
As I continue along my spiritual path and grow more and more aware of the energies around me, I’ve come to understand how essential and important it is to feel protected and present.
Black tourmaline is one of those wonderful stones that works for any situation and is so good to have on hand.
One of my favorite ways to use tourmaline is to carry a large chunk of black tourmaline in your car, backpack, or purse, and set an intention to stay grounded and protected while running errands, heading home from work, or meeting up with friends. That way if you ever find yourself in a situation or circumstance filled with anxiety or lots of negative tension, your tourmaline is nearby and able to help in releasing negative and unwanted energies.
5 Ways That You Can Use Black Tourmaline On A Daily Basis:
- During meditation. Get into a comfortable position and focus on your breath, while holding onto your back tourmaline, imagine all tension flowing from your body into the crystal, being transmuted into positive energy.
- In your home. Place black tourmaline near your bed or in the corner of a room, for amplified protection for you and your space.
- Carry it with you in your pocket for extra protection while in public or at work.
- Wear jewelry that has black tourmaline in it, such as a bracelet or necklace.
- EMF protection. Place tourmaline in your office or home for protections against EMF (or electromagnetic fields) that surround electronic devices such as your cell phone, computers, microwave ovens, WiFi, etc. Placing black tourmaline on your desk or in the corner of a room can help to minimize the effects that EMFs can have on your mental and physical health.
Black tourmaline is such a powerful stone that supports you in feeling safe in the present moment and trusting that everything will be okay.
Be sure to place your black tourmaline on a piece of selenite overnight, or even dip it into the ocean so that it can be cleansed, charged, and ready to support you in your new day.
With Mercury Retrograde approaching, black tourmaline is definitely on my list of ‘must-have’ crystals and it’s a beautiful time to spread the word about all the wonderful healing properties of tourmaline. I am constantly reminded that now is the time to focus on letting go, to meditate frequently, and to have hope. Because everything is going to work out, everything will align exactly as it is meant to be.
Written by Chandler Westphal
Inspired by the teachings of Jennifer Montero